YIF Internship Program
Young India Foundation is a nonprofit consulting and advocacy group that works on policy and projects that deal with India's young demographic. Our current campaign is to lower the age of candidacy of MPs/MLAs from 25 to better reflect India's demographic
We're currently seeking motivated, passionate college students to join our team at YIF. If you're a talented go-getter with an interest in India, the YIF internship is a great program to get hands-on experience at high growth, mission-driven startup.
· Are a current student at a college or university, in any major
· Welcome challenges and responsibility; you’re an ambitious self-starter who’s reliable and conscientious
· Demonstrate next-level organizational skills and attention to detail
· Give everything 10% more than it requires, and feel there is no task too small
· Prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
· Demonstrate excellent communication skills on the phone, over email, and in person
· Want to solve the pressing problems that exist in India
What you’ll do:
· Work 5 to 6 hours a week. We also have college credit options available for those willing to intern 10-20 hours a week.
· Work closely with one department at YIF (see below!) – we’ll help you determine the best fit for your interests and skill set
· Manage at least one major project that will serve as the capstone of your internship – again, we’ll help you figure this out
YIF departments hiring interns:
· The Community Growth team is responsible for building a network by doing recruitment and marketing to expand opportunities for YIF in universities and colleges all over the world.
· The Marketing team handles everything related to the YIF brand and helps amplify our message
to the right audiences. We’re looking for someone to help manage our social media, assist with PR efforts, and create awesome,
on-brand content for YIF. Desire to pitch in on photo, video, or design work is also a huge plus!
· The Operations and Policy team manages the internal processes and systems that keep the YIF ship afloat. We’re looking for someone to specialize in process streamlining and management (data and non data).
The good stuff:
· The YIFamily: we have a fun, social team culture, and you’ll have an opportunity to make a real impact on a small but growing team.
· The inside scoop: you’ll get a front row seat to all the YIF events.
· The substantive, marketable experience: we treat our interns like team members. We’ll give you lots of responsibility from day one, and the more you rise to the occasion the more we’ll have you take on.
· The network and expertise: we’re pros when it comes to applying and interviewing for jobs and have an extensive network of partners and supporters. If you’re great, we can be a career resource for you down the line.
· Additional Perks: get a front row seat to India's policy world and network with leaders and experts from a variety of fields.
How to apply:
To apply, please send us your CV and what departments interests you to email@example.com. If we think you might be a good fit, we will contact you with next steps.